Chelsea's Help International

Introducing: Chelsea’s Help International – Helping Orphans in China We had fun playing with the kids at the Zhongshan Childrens Welfare Institute (ZCWI). The ZCWI is one of 56 orphanages in the province of Guangdong . The ZCWI is home to over 300 children. We wanted to do something for the place that gave Chelsea a home for the first 2 years of her life. We plan to send shipments over a couple of times a year. We want to start by sending soccer balls to our friends at the ZCWI. If you would like to help, send your contributions to: CHI PO BOX 2633 Ruston, LA 71272. We would like to send by April 1, 2013. Thanks for sharing.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The last time I tried to update the blog my hard drive crashed right in the middle of it:)  Hopefully I will have better luck today.

We received our LSC on 9/4/2012 and sent our I-800 off on 9/6/2012.  As I kept watching the mailbox for our approval, I knew after 2 weeks something was wrong.  It was.  I received notice last week that I forgot to add Supplement 3 which shows that we had our Home Study updated for a 0-5 year old instead of a 2-5 year old.  Ugh!  We are praying this does not hold us up until after Christmas.  I spoke with our officer at USCIS yesterday and she said that we should have approval by the beginning of next week.  I already have all other forms and passport pic for Chelsea ready to go as soon as I receive it.

It is become very real in the past couple of weeks that she will be here before we know it.  The bedding is in.  I am picking out paint color today.  A carpenter is coming this weekend to expand the closet doors in her room and then hopefully paint next week.  My sweet nephew is passing along his bedroom furniture and I am having it painted also.  Then we can put her room together in the next couple of weeks!  I have cleaned out closets and other rooms.  Nesting:)  I have researched toys and things we will need.  I have registered at a couple of places.  Very strange adding these sorts of things into a busy life of work and two boys (11 & 9).  We can not wait for her to get here and see how our live's change!  We are always talking about "when Chelsea gets here" with the boys.  They are so excited and the end is in sight.

Hopefully I will have an update by mid-week that our last batch of paperwork is in the mail!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! it is going to be so thrilling to little Chelsea, when she is older, to know of all the work her family did to get her. What exciting times and I pray things will progress right along and it will be a most special Christmas in all of the DeForest homes this year. Love you!

    ReplyDelete