Chelsea's Help International

Introducing: Chelsea’s Help International – Helping Orphans in China We had fun playing with the kids at the Zhongshan Childrens Welfare Institute (ZCWI). The ZCWI is one of 56 orphanages in the province of Guangdong . The ZCWI is home to over 300 children. We wanted to do something for the place that gave Chelsea a home for the first 2 years of her life. We plan to send shipments over a couple of times a year. We want to start by sending soccer balls to our friends at the ZCWI. If you would like to help, send your contributions to: CHI PO BOX 2633 Ruston, LA 71272. We would like to send by April 1, 2013. Thanks for sharing.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

All of this waiting is taking its toll.  Ugh!!!!!  I received an email Friday from USCIS that our I800 has been approved.  They said that it should be here in 7-10 days.  Surely the mail won't take that long but until it's here I will be stalking the poor mailman.  I spoke with our USCIS officer today and she gave me the tracking number for the 2 day express package they sent to NVC (visa).  It was going out today.  Hopefully my I800 went out Friday.  Why things sit on peoples desk is beyond me!  We are cutting it close to going at Christmas.  I also stalk people's blogs and charts on adoption websites to see when families, at the same stage as we are, travelled last year.  I found one family today that received their I800 on 10/20/11 and travelled on 12/13/11.  I have no problem spending Christmas in China:)

I also received an email Friday from a lady who went to pick up her adopted son from the same orphanage Chelsea is at.  She sent me these pictures.  Isn't she sweet?!?  I also requested a new update with current measurements today and new pictures and videos.  I should have those soon. Her care package is supposed to arrive Thursday.  I requested that they put her outfit on her and take a picture so I can see how it fits.  We'll keep our fingers crossed for that.



So, the waiting continues...............

1 comment:

  1. Oh, goodness, I can only imagine that waiting and knowing is so stressful. But, it looks like Chelsea is just doing great, sleeping like a little lamb. As I've said, if she only knew the life that awaits her. Love you!

    ReplyDelete